Monday, October 17, 2011

Drama

Larry and I have both come to the conclusion that we need to unplug from Facebook a little bit. It has become nothing but a point of frustration for me. I enjoy keeping in touch with friends, but it seems like the people I really want to stay in touch with are not on FB much anymore. So instead I'm reading posts filled with drama or snarky comments.  These posts don't sit well with me. I know I'm empathetic enough that when I read snarky comments all day long, I become snarky. So, the best thing for me is to walk away for a little while. I will be doing a mini-detox this week with a full detox over the weekend.

The other issue is that it seems like people will CREATE drama on Facebook. And I'm just tired of it. Tired of the passive aggressive comments or the "no, I'm not really talking about you" (oh wait, maybe I am) comments. Status updates seem to constantly be filled with multiple levels. And it's getting old.

And it's also getting old that each time one of us say something about "working through some issues" or "highly stressed today", our friends immediately ask, "Are you and Larry ok?" (or the opposite). Some of our friends are LITERALLY waiting for our marriage to fall apart. And it's disheartening to know that. So away we go. I am going to make a list on Facebook of the people I love the most, and those will be the only updates I'll read this week. I'm also pointing people here because my cute stories about D & C will be posted here instead of on FB.

Hopefully after a week filled with love, support, and prayer, Larry and I will come out of the other side feeling better about issues (outside our marriage).

Now, since you've listened to me rant, I'll give you a cute D story:
We were helping him get into his gi for tae kwon do.  I was tying his top and Larry was cuffing his sleeves. Dalton looks at us and says, "It's like I'm a famous person."

That kid just cracks me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment