Friday, July 24, 2009

Colton's Check-up

I had planned on getting up at 6:30 this morning. Colton wakes up almost every morning about 6:15-ish. Not this morning. Oh no, this morning he slept til 7:15 and woke me up. Apparently I had turned my alarm off, so I started out my day 45 minutes late. Not a good way to go.

We managed to be out the door at 7:45 to the doctor. Luckily the office is close, so we made it right at 8am. As Dalton would say, "Phew".

Cole started out the appointment flirting with the check-out lady. She talked to him and he smile very big at her. We weighed him and he's 14 pounds 11 ounces. He's gained 6 pounds since birth. And he's 24 inches long. This means he's gained 3 inches in length. All three of those inches come in his torso I think.

The doctor checked him out and he seems to be perfectly healthy. He can do everything the doctor asked about. I told him that he's having cereal a few days a week and Dr. B seemed to think Cole is ready for cereal daily now. He's apparently eating enough formula daily to make his system ready for cereal.

We finished off the morning with a trilogy of shots and an oral booster for a chaser. The rest of the day Colton has been sleepy and a little crabby.

I'm glad he's a healthy boy, but i hate seeing my sons get shots. It always tears my heart out.

No comments:

Post a Comment