Monday, August 3, 2009

Family Reunion

We had a Sissom Family reunion Saturday. The Sissom side of my family is my Dad's mom's side. For those of you 'in-the-know' that is my Nana. This is the first time I can remember all of Nana's siblings being together at once in a LONG time. Cathy even came home from Arizona for the reunion. No one knew Cathy was coming, so it was fun to see their shock at seeing her.

The cousins in my generation have all started having kids, so Dalton was in his heyday. He loved playing with all his cousins. At the end of the day, he said the boy in the red shirt was his favorite. That didn't surprise me much because Will (the boy with the red shirt) is the oldest boy who played with him. Dalton LOVES bigger boys, so I figured Will was one of his favorites.

Colton was a hit at the reunion. I remember years ago being at a family event and being one of the youngest there. I was like 15 at the time. There were no little kids at that event. We've changed that. There were kids EVERYWHERE and I was very proud of them for getting along!

I even got to meet my cousin Shannan for the first time. She and I are friends on Facebook. She is married to my cousin Cory. We've been at events together, but we've never gotten to talk much...so it was great getting to say HI in person!

I hear a rumor that there is another reunion being planned for 2010. I think it will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment